Thursday, February 27, 2014

Welcome Margot!

I was very lucky recently to take a short trip to Arizona to visit my sister-in-law, her husband, and their two precious girls. Baby Margot had just turned two weeks old when I got there, and big sister Isabelle was happy to show me the ropes. Besides missing my own little ones (and hubby!), it was a fantastic visit filled with snuggles and that special new-baby smell. 

I, of course, took lots and lots of pictures. My sister-in-law, Mandy, and I had planned out a few posed shots, but I was most excited to get some great lifestyle images of the two girls. They are among some of my most favorite photos I have ever taken.





Margot's nursery is as sweet as can be, with soft pinks, ivory, and shades of brown. The afghan in the photos above was lovingly crocheted by her mommy and is among the most beautiful I've ever seen. Her big sister is just right in love, and is so helpful fetching diapers, binkies, and loveys whenever the baby cries. It seemed to me that Isabelle just grew up overnight!


Although my crochet skills are nowhere near Mandy's, I did bring a handmade-by-me bonnet and diaper cover set to do a few posed pictures in. Margot's original due date was right around Valentine's Day, which inspired my color choice of reds and pinks. Little stinker was impatient to arrive, though, and came almost three weeks early (just like my own babies!). 




Although she is quite the peanut, we did her pictures just in time to still fit in this adorable hat that her mommy made:


It was so wonderful to spend time with all of them, and to get a little warm weather and sunshine as well! I'm afraid it will still be a while before I can enjoy outdoor family sessions in Vermont without everyone bundled up in jackets and scarves. 



Although I am so happy to be home again with my family, sleeping in my own bed, this visit to Arizona with my in-laws is one I'll treasure for a lifetime. Congratulations Mandy and Matt!


No comments:

Post a Comment