Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Sweet and Simple Partnership

I'm excited. Really, really excited. I was feeling a little stuck in a rut recently and wracking my brain for something fresh and new that could catapult this business to the next level. Luckily, I talked to the right person at the right time. Funny how things like that happen, right?! ;) Anyway, my husband and I have gotten to know our next-door neighbors pretty well this past year, and neighbor Kerri and I have developed a great friendship and now what I hope is going to be a very successful partnership for us both!

Kerri is amazing at all things organization. She started a blog last year, Picture Perfect Clutter, and set about working on projects in her own home and for friends and colleagues to find a way to simplify life and reduce the stress that comes with a cluttered home and lifestyle. In talking with her, I found out that she has a love for event planning, especially weddings, just like I do. As we talked more and more, it seemed pretty clear that a collaboration between the two of us could be pretty amazing. I helped her re-brand herself into Simply Planned, a business all about organizing events, weddings, and even your home. We are going to be working side-by-side on a lot of projects, including a very special wedding planning binder that is going to be available very soon! I am also going to be training Kerri as my exclusive second shooter for weddings. This means re-working my packages to include a second photographer at all weddings, so stay tuned for some updates about that in the near future.

This partnership between Sweet Events and Simply Planned is going to mean so many new and exciting things! We have a really fun collaborative project in the works that involves a little bit of travel, as well as some DIY projects we are going to work on together and share on our blogs. Get ready, friends - and show Kerri some love on her Facebook page while you're at it!

I will be on a bit of a blogging break for about a week, as I am leaving tomorrow for Arizona, to meet my brand-new niece (and take lots of pics too!). Miss me while I'm gone. :)

Cheers!
Elysha

No comments:

Post a Comment