Monday, January 27, 2014

Vermont Wedding Association Bridal Show

It wasn't my first rodeo, but it was my first as a professional photographer. I have worked many bridal shows before as a stylist, when I worked in bridal retail. That was a whole different angle though - from deciding what gowns to bring to the whirlwind of dressing models, that aspect of a bridal show is very behind-the-scenes. Yesterday I got to be front and center at my own booth, meeting brides and their friends/families face to face. I much prefer the new angle, I must say.

There was plenty of prepping ahead of time involved, even though I only signed up to do the show a week in advance. I had many ideas for my booth, some of which I will have to save for a future bridal show, but I am quite happy with how my booth turned out. With the amazing help of my assistant Kerri, we pulled off a booth that was exactly the vibe I was going for: simple, modern, and elegant. Our location was slight torture (in a good way), with the Holiday Inn's catering team serving up some delicious appetizers to our right, and Silver Spring Ice Cream directly in front of us with their mouth-watering hot fudge and to-die-for maple lemonade. We got to enjoy some samples though, and having a party with Silver Spring doing sundaes and lemonade is on my bucket list now!

After walking around the venue quickly before the brides got there, Kerri and I were more than ready. I love meeting new people, and meeting potential new brides is high on my list of favorite things. I get excited just thinking about all the different ways each couple executes their special day, and the idea that I may get to capture those details is what keeps me doing what I do. Although the afternoon was a whirlwind, with every bride trying her best to make it to every booth in order to enter the prize drawing, I feel like I made some great connections.

I am really looking forward to hearing more from the brides that I met at the Rutland bridal show, and I cannot WAIT to draw a winner for my raffle! Brides from the show, if you haven't done so already, please remember to like Sweet Events on Facebook and follow me on Pinterest to finalize your raffle entry. You still have a couple of days before I announce the winner on Thursday, January 30th, of your choice of an engagement session or a bridal beauty/boudoir session. Good luck everyone!






No comments:

Post a Comment