Friday, February 22, 2013

A Very Merry Un-Birthday

My oven had been out of commission for most of this week, and I was going crazy not being able to bake anything. So, thanks to my handy father-in-law, I am now back in business as far as being able to bake goes, and the kids and I decided to make cupcakes this morning. Not that we need an excuse to bake cupcakes, but we decided they would be birthday celebration cupcakes for Auntie Kara, who has a birthday this weekend. (It also happens to be my half-birthday, how cool is that?!)

Since Kara is all the way across the country in Texas, it has to be a virtual celebration, but it's the thought that counts, right? Her "real" present is on the way, but I thought it might be fun to do a little internet shout-out for my bestie's birthday. Happy birthday, Ka!


Birthdays are kind of a big deal in our house, and we have quite a few coming up. My husband's 30th is just around the corner, and two of our kids' birthdays are in April. The little one had a big bash for his first birthday last year, so we'll just do cupcakes with family for him this year, but our big girl turns 5(!) this spring, and she has already decided on a Pixie Hollow party. So I am in full-swing planning mode already, since I like to do lots of DIY decorations and such, and I will have some fun photos and tutorials coming up soon on the blog. In the meantime, I came up with a fun free printable you can download for your own personal use. It was inspired by our impromptu "un-birthday" party today - enjoy! Click here for the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment