Monday, January 7, 2013

A New Start

I have always loved weddings. When I was a little girl, I staged numerous Barbie weddings, planned the nuptials of my neighbor friends in my backyard, and pored over bridal magazines, clipping out pages I loved and keeping them in a binder. My love of weddings led me to start working in a bridal shop at the age of nineteen, and my bridal career has spanned multiple facets of the business: from sales consultant to bridal stylist, a little bit of dabbling in wedding planning, cake baking, and florals. It wasn't until I got my first DSLR camera a few years ago and really learned how to use it that it occurred to me that I could combine two of my loves in one career: wedding photography.

So, as is always my approach, I researched. I bought wedding photography books, searched blogs for tips and pointers, asked some great photographer friends for advice. I scanned Pinterest for any and everything to do with wedding photography. I practiced with my camera, spent hours researching equipment. And finally, I just took the plunge. Registered my domain name, created my website, ordered business cards.

I am incredibly excited for the adventure that lies ahead. It makes me feel like a kid waiting for Christmas - and I get to feel like that all year long in anticipation of each unique wedding. I can't wait to hear all of the well-planned details of each couple, to scope out each wedding venue, to plan out fun shots that capture the true personalities of the newlyweds.

So now, I am enlisting you for a little help, my good friends. I would appreciate it so much if you get the word out there - about my blog, my website, my name. Share me on Facebook, email me or call me for business cards. And keep checking my blog - I am going to post lots of fun things here throughout the year like some neat photography tips and wedding package discounts. Here's to a great 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment